03 Jun Interim CDC Guidance for Veterinary Facilities
Veterinary clinics should follow the masking guidance for the general public. While veterinarians are considered clinicians, the settings in which they work are not used to treat humans with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, and instances of animal-to-human transmission appear to be very rare. Veterinary clinics should consider local transmission and vaccination rates when creating clinic policies for PPE use and interactions with clients.
The following guidance is among that available from the CDC:
- When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated
- Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People
- Guidance for Unvaccinated People: How to Protect Yourself and Others
- Guidance for Unvaccinated People: Wearing Masks
- Science Brief: COVID-19 and Vaccinations (Background Rationale)