See What All the Buzz is About and Join
Unique to Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association (PVMA) represents the entire veterinary team in your practice. From our very beginnings as the only statewide veterinary association, our mission has been to ensure the vitality of the profession by providing educational opportunities which enhance your skills, advocacy to protect the scope of practice and your interests as members of the profession, and benefits and services to save you time and money in your daily life.
What Kind of Membership Fits You?
|Veterinarians, Certified Veterinary Technicians (CVTs), Practice Managers, Veterinary Assistants, & Office Staff
||Receive a customized quote to include the entire veterinary team with a Practice Membership!
We know you’re a busy bee, PVMA can help you:
- Connect – Expand your network, access veterinary tools and resources
- Learn – Advance your professional and personal skill set
- Give – Lead and educate peers, help animals and owners in need, advocate for the profession
More PVMA Member Benefits
Here Are Some Ways to Connect, Learn and Give to the Veterinary Profession in PA through PVMA Membership
PVMA is established as your connection and best advocate for the veterinary community at the state level for Pennsylvania. We build the relationships throughout the year to be the go-to resource and advisor for Pennsylvania lawmakers. This allows a well-balanced and knowledgeable approach to animal health and welfare and public health related issues. PVMA keeps you up to date on the latest bills and proposals, and how they would affect you as a veterinary professional in PA.
Industry Communications & Resources
Stay connected to the veterinary industry and community with communications such as:
- Weekly VetBytes Email
- Quarterly Keystone Veterinarian Magazine
- Immediate alerts of recalls, legislative updates, and important industry news
- Industry and community activities and events
Connect with the PVMA staff when questions arise during your daily operations in regards to compliance with PA laws and regulations, reporting illegal veterinary practice, or directing you to industry partners or experts to assist you, your team and your veterinary practice.
Our members receive reduced registration rates at our four major conferences each year - a savings of hundreds of dollars! Our conferences feature multiple learning tracks for everyone in your practice or company, nationally recognized speakers, modern topics, and the opportunity to interact and meet veterinary professionals from Pennsylvania and beyond.
In each of our 8 geographic districts, we offer our complimentary dinner meetings throughout the year, which include 1-2 hours of CE, as well as a great opportunity to network with others. In addition, PVMA will provide updates at these meetings on the current and upcoming activities that are most important to you and your team here in Pennsylvania.
Get More Involved in the Veterinary Profession
- Contribute to newsletter article and blogs
- Speaking at educational meetings and webinars
- Participating in PVMA committees, task forces and focus groups
- Give back to the profession with a leadership role within PVMA, pvmaAssure, or Animal Care PA
- Strengthen business skills through our Power of 10 Leadership Academy
- Build relationships and work with legislators to protect practicing veterinary medicine in PA
- Volunteering at key events to increase public awareness on animal health, veterinary medicine, and giving back to help animals in need