Accepting Nominations for Association Vice-President Position
Now through June 30
PVMA is now accepting nominations for the position of the 2018-2019 Vice-President of the Association. This officer seat on the PVMA Board of Trustees is a volunteer position and requires interested candidates to be able to serve a 4 successive years as Vice-President, President-Elect, President, and then Immediate Past President.
The elected Vice-President will take office in August 2018 at the Annual Business Meeting which will be held at the Keystone Veterinary Conference in Hershey.
These are the position details:
- Participate in 6-8 in person meetings per year which are typically held in the Harrisburg area. Phone conferencing and webinars are also used to meet.
- The Vice-President is a member of the Executive Committee and in this capacity serves on the Board of Directors of the pvmaAssure Insurance Agency (included in the total meetings listed above).
- Officers do not pay annual dues and are provided complimentary registration to PVMA conferences where official business is conducted.
- In addition to PVMA events, the Vice-President represents the Association at different meetings throughout the year in surrounding states, at the AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference in January, student events at Penn Vet, and other meetings as needed.
- Travel reimbursement is provided.
- These duties are shared with the other officers of the Association who are very supportive of assisting each other in the business of PVMA.
As a member of the Board of Trustees, you will help set the strategic direction of PVMA, formulate positions on issues and legislative bills, and evaluate trends in veterinary medicine, and identify ways we as an organization can assist our members with the challenges they face.
If you are ready to make a BIG difference in PVMA, help Pennsylvania's veterinary community advance, and network with some of the best veterinary professionals and people you will ever meet, please submit the form below.
If you have any questions, feel free to email or call Charlene at 888.550.7862.
Submit Nominations for Association Vice-President Position