Tuesday, May 22, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm - Metzger Animal Hospital, State College, PA
This full-day workshop is designed to equip front-line staff with the skills and tools required to keep clients happy and engaged, as well as more committed to their pet’s health. It’s open to every member of your practice team, from reception staff to veterinarians. The goal is to help staff be more confident and comfortable when communicating with clients, keeping the patient’s needs in mind. This, combined with helpful strategies and proactive methods provided will assist you and your team to offer the ultimate client experience!
You’ll be led through step-by-step processes, including:
Importance of Communication (Verbal and Nonverbal) With Clients:
Mastering the Phone:
- How your staff members communicate - everything speaks to the client!
- Key challenges faced in a veterinary practice
Gaining Commitment from Clients and Articulating Value:
- Establishing phone protocols and making a great first impression every time
- Turning information calls (i.e. phone shoppers) into appointments
Filling the Appointment Book:
- Communicating value to clients in a language they care about
- Overcoming client objections and initiating discussions
Client Service Communication:
- Evaluating current messaging strategies clinics are using
- Exploring other strategies to book appointments using proven communication methods
Creating the Ultimate Client Experience:
- Forbidden phrases when servicing clients – what to say instead
- How to effectively handle disgruntled clients and turn them into raving fans
- What clients want and what can you do about it
- Being more self-aware – realize how you come across to clients
- Measuring your clients’ experience
- How to make a difference
Megan Baylor, CVT
Education Services Coordinator, Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association
Membership Services Coordinator, Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association
Approved Credit Hours:
The VHMA/CVPM Certification Board has approved this course as applicable toward the CVPM continuing education requirement for 5.5 continuing education credits. VHMA approved course ID 18-03.
Workshop is available to both members and non-members of PVMA. Registration includes facilitation and instruction, breakfast, breaks, and lunch.
PVMA Members & Staff: $175/person
Register for Workshop