Continuing Education Co-Sponsorship Policy
The Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association will, at times, partner with referral practices, veterinarians, and corporate partners to offer continuing education to veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and practice managers. Because the Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association is an accredited provider of continuing education through the Pennsylvania State Board of Veterinary Medicine, PVMA is able to co-sponsor programs and provide CE credit. In order for this partnership to take effect, the following criteria must be met:
- The party requesting co-sponsorship (“co-sponsor”) of their continuing education program must be a PVMA member (active member, practice manager member, industry partner). If you are interested in a PVMA membership, please contact Jen Morris, Director of Member Services at email@example.com.
- The co-sponsor must submit a request for continuing education approval form at least 45-days prior to the event date. The request must be accompanied by the following:
- Title and description of program (2-3 paragraphs describing what will be covered during the event or PowerPoint being used)
- Draft of the program invitation (optional)
- Name of speaker with CV or biography outlining educational background, board certifications, and professional experience
- The co-sponsor must acknowledge PVMA as a co-sponsor and display the PVMA logo on all promotional materials for the event (invitation, announcement, website, etc.) The co-sponsor must provide a copy of the final invitation reflecting acknowledgement of PVMA’s co-sponsorship prior to the event.
- The co-sponsor must allow 15 minutes prior to the start of the program for a representative of PVMA to attend and provide a brief presentation (although PVMA representative attendance will not always be possible.)
- The co-sponsor must have all attendees at the event sign their name on an attendance log, then forward a copy of that attendance record to the PVMA office within 5 business days following the event.
- PVMA will co-sponsor up to 3 events per calendar year, per practice or company. Additional events will incur a $50 fee to offset administrative time and costs.
If you agree to all the terms above, please complete the form below to start the request process.