Your employee has applied or is planning on applying to PVMA’s Power of 10 Scholarship Program. In order for them to begin the program, should they be chosen, PVMA will need consent from their employer. Please complete the form below.
What is P10?
The P10 Scholarship Program provides 10 PVMA Members with leadership development sessions over 2 years. Sessions will include face-to-face and virtual round table discussions and attendance to PVMA continuing education programs.
1st Year – Learning:
- How to effectively communicate with clients and co-workers and resolve conflicts.
- Learn more about managing their finances: setting financial goals, personal budgeting and debt consolidation management.
- How to make wellbeing and self-care a priority.
- Learning and networking opportunities that will help you grow professionally and personally.
- Practical skills to apply to your vet practice for team growth.
- How to discuss pressing issues with legislators.
- Opportunities to learn more about PVMA, how to get involved, get to know our leadership, and give back to your profession here in Pennsylvania.
2nd Year – Leading:
- Become speaker or attendee at a PVMA District Meeting
- Serve in the PVMA Leadership
- Chair a Committee
- Run for a Board of Trustees position
- Chair a Task force
- Moderate PVMA’s Online Communities
- Write for the Magazine
- Mentor New Members
- Student/ Alumni Ambassador
- Present an other passion project to PVMA Leadership!
What Is Included in the Scholarship?
- Focus on year 2 project: meeting with PVMA leadership
- Attendance to PVMA’s Hall of Fame Awards program and the Annual Membership Meeting
- Registration to PVMA’s Keystone Veterinary Conference with specific recommended sessions to develop your leadership, wellbeing
- Registration to a JumpStart Bootcamp, PVMA’s featured program- focused on client services and communications
- Join a round table discussion focused on employment contracts & benefits, loans & debts, investments, and retirement/ownership of a business
- Attend Legislative Day and meet with law makers to discuss pressing issues